Towards EXcellence, Access and Success Grant (TEXAS Grant) is state-funded need-based grant awarded to Texas students who are working on their first undergraduate degree.
For the 2023-24 academic year, eligible students may receive up to $5,387 per semester, contingent upon the availability of state funds.
First priority for TEXAS Grant funds MUST be given to renewal students; any funds remaining after renewal students have been awarded may then be allocated to first-time students.
Eligibility Requirements #
- Be a Texas resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be admitted and enrolled at least three-quarter (3/4) time at an approved Texas college or university
- Must exhibit financial need as evidenced of having a valid EFC of 6,656 or less
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default status with any Federal or State financial aid
- Must complete 24 semester credit hours per academic year and maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher
How to Apply? #
Since funding is limited, you must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) by March 15 for priority consideration.
The financial aid office at your institution will determine your eligibility for this program and notify you if you are eligible.