Towards EXcellence, Access and Success Grant (TEXAS Grant) is state-funded need-based grant awarded to Texas students who are working on their first undergraduate degree.
Eligible students may receive up to $5,000 per academic year, contingent upon the availability of state funds.
First priority for TEXAS Grant funds MUST be given to renewal students; any funds remaining after renewal students have been awarded may then be allocated to first-time students.
- Be a Texas resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be admitted and enrolled at least three-quarter (3/4) time at an approved Texas college or university
- Must exhibit financial need as evidenced of having a valid EFC of 5,430 or less
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default status with any Federal or State financial aid
- Must complete 24 semester credit hours per academic year and maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher
How to Apply?
Since funding is limited, you must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) by March 15 for priority consideration.