Iowa Tuition Grant is available to assist Iowa residents enrolled at one of Iowa’s eligible private colleges and universities.
Priority is given to students with the greatest financial need. In most cases, students must meet the EFC criteria for the state program eligibility to qualify.1
The maximum grant is $6,000 per year for up to four years of full-time, undergraduate study. Part-time students may be eligible for adjusted amounts.
- Be an Iowa resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be enrolled at least three semester hours as an undergraduate student
- Be admitted and enrolled at an eligible Iowa private college or university
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How to Apply?
To be considered for Iowa Tuition Grant, you must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on time and demonstrate financial need.References
- The maximum eligible EFC for students attending private, not-for-profit institutions for the 2019-20 academic year is $15,000