The West Virginia Higher Education Grant is a need-based financial aid program for undergraduate students who attend an approved private or public university or college in the state of West Virginia or Pennsylvania.
Award amounts vary based on the applicant’s demonstrated level of financial need and available funding, up to a maximum of $2,800 for each academic year.1
- Be a West Virginia resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be a high school graduate or have earned a TASC or high school equivalent certificate
- Be an undergraduate student with no prior baccalaureate degree
- Be admitted and enrolled at least half-time at a participating institution in West Virginia
- Must exhibit financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Have a valid EFC of no more than 11,000
How to Apply?
For priority consideration, file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1, before April 15 deadline.References