The Washington College Grant provides need-based financial aid to students from Washington’s lowest-income families pursuing postsecondary education.
Currently more than 65 institutions of higher education — public and private two-and four-year institutions — participate in the Washington College Grant program.
Eligibility is limited to a household income that is less than 70% of the state’s median household income (MFI). Students with incomes below 50% of MFI will get the maximum award amount.
How much is the Washington College Grant? #
Award amounts vary by the type of school enrolled — ranging from $2,823 to $11,339 for full-time undergraduates. The chart here shows the maximum award recipients may be eligible to receive, if enrolled full time.
How do I get a Washington State Grant? #
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Must be a resident of Washington
- Must be classified as an undergraduate student
- Be admitted and enrolled full-time at an approved Washington college or university
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How do I apply for Washington State grant? #
Completing the FAFSA is the first step of the application process. If you can’t fill out the FAFSA due to immigration status, you can apply by submitting the WASFA.