Vermont Incentive Grant is available for Vermont students with financial need who are enrolled full-time at any postsecondary institution in Vermont.
The grant award amount is based on financial need and the actual cost of attendance — ranging from $1,000 to $12,200. The award amounts are determined annually based on funding availability.
Students enrolled in fewer than 12 credits per term may apply for Vermont Part-Time Grant. Awards vary based on the number of credit hours — ranging from $500 to $9,150.
- Be a Vermont resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be an undergraduate student with no prior baccalaureate degree
- Be enrolled at least full-time (at least 12 credit-hours) at eligible Vermont colleges or universities
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default status with federal student loans
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How to Apply?
To be considered for Vermont Incentive Grant, you must first file your FAFSA AND complete a Vermont Grant application by logging your MyVSAC account.
If you don’t have a MyVSAC account, click on “Register Now” in the box labeled “New to MyVSAC” and follow the instructions to create one.