Administered by the state of Texas, Texas Public Educational Grant (TPEG) provides assistance to students with financial need who are seeking a first Bachelor’s degree, a graduate degree or professional degree.
Eligibility is limited to in-state Texas public colleges or universities only. No private, non-profit or career colleges or universities may participate in the program.
Award amounts may vary based on availability of funds and number of eligible applicants — up to $5,500 per academic year for qualified students.
- Be a Texas resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be admitted and enrolled at least at least half-time at an approved Texas public college or university
- Must exhibit financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default status with any Federal or State financial aid
How to Apply?
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 15. The financial aid office at the college or university will determine your eligibility.
Since each institution set its own priorities in making awards to students, it’s best that you contact your college financial aid office for additional information on eligibility or availability of fund.