S.C. Need-based Grant provides financial aid to South Carolina’s neediest students attending eligible SC public institutions on a first-come, first-served basis.
Eligible student may receive up to $2,500 annually if enrolled full-time or up to $1,250 annually if enrolled part-time. Eligibility is limited to a total of eight semesters.
- Be a South Carolina resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Must be an undergraduate student with no prior baccalaureate degree
- Be admitted and enrolled at least six semester hours (half-time status) at an approved South Carolina college or university
- Must exhibit financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default status with any Federal or State financial aid
How to Apply?
To be considered for S.C. Need-based Grant, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as January 1 of each academic year. Early applicants are given first priority for consideration.