The Pennsylvania State Grant Program is a financial assistance program that provides funding to eligible Pennsylvanians to go to college.
Award amounts vary, and are determined by financial need, cost of tuition, and availability of funds. The minimum award is $500.1
- Be a Pennsylvania resident and U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be an undergraduate student with no prior baccalaureate degree
- Be enrolled at least half-time (at least six semester credits or the equivalent) in a school approved by PHEAA
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Not be in default or pending default on an educational loan
How to Apply?
To be considered for a Pennsylvania State Grant, you must fill out the FAFSA no later than May 1 each year, and complete the Pennsylvania State Grant Form.
If you wish to apply for a summer PA State Grant, you must complete a separate application available on the PHEAA website. The deadline is August 15.