Oregon Opportunity Grant (OOG) is Oregon’s largest state-funded need-based grant program for college students.
The maximum award is $2,700 per academic year at an Oregon community colleges and $3,300 at an Oregon public university.
OOG is awarded first to students with the greatest financial need using the federally calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC), starting with EFCs of 0.
- Be an Oregon resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be an undergraduate student with no prior baccalaureate degree
- Be enrolled at least half-time (at least 6 credit-hours)1 at eligible Oregon colleges or universities
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default status with federal student loans
- Must demonstrate financial need as evidenced of having an EFC of 3,500 or less
How to Apply?
To be considered for Oregon Opportunity Grant, you must fill out the FAFSA or complete the Oregon Student Aid Application (ORSAA) as soon as possible after October 1.
For renewal, you must submit a new FAFSA (or ORSAA) for each academic year you plan to attend a college or university.References