Also known as the State Grant Program, SSIG provides grants to first-time undergraduate students who attend North Dakota’s public, private and tribal colleges.
Grants are for up to $1,100 per academic year, based on enrollment status.
Eligibility is limited to eight semesters or twelve quarters of full-time equivalent undergraduate enrollment, or the attainment of a baccalaureate degree, whichever comes first.
Eligibility Requirements #
- Be a North Dakota resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be an undergraduate student with no prior baccalaureate degree
- Be enrolled at least quarter-time pursuing an eligible program at a qualifying North Dakota institution
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How to Apply? #
Application is via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Deadline for priority consideration is April 15, but applications are accepted until all funds are committed.