Student Incentive Grant is in place to encourage New Mexico students with substantial financial need to pursue higher education at New Mexico public colleges or universities.
Eligible students may receive up to $2,500 per year and may be renewed on an annual basis or until the student graduates as long as funding is available.
Students with the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC) are automatically considered for the grant. Part-time students are eligible for pro-rated awards.
Who is eligible for Student Incentive Grant? #
- Be a New Mexico resident and U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be classified as an undergraduate student
- Be enrolled for no less than 6 credit hours per term at New Mexico public colleges or universities
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How do I apply for Student Incentive Grant? #
You must complete your FAFSA no later than March 1 and submit all additional documentation by April 15. Funding is limited, so applying early is key!