NJ Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) Program is one of largest and most generous financial aid programs, with nearly one in every three full-time New Jersey undergraduates receiving awards.
TAG awards are renewable annually and range from $1,200 up to $13,000. Students with an NJ Eligibility Index below 1,500 qualify for the maximum awards.
- Be a New Jersey resident and U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student at an approved New Jersey college, university or degree-granting proprietary school
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default status with federal student loans
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How to Apply?
To be considered for a TAG award, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed each year within established NJ deadlines.
Eligible non-citizens who have attended a New Jersey high school for at least three (3) years may apply through the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application.
Part-time TAG is also available for students who are enrolled for 6-11 credits in approved county colleges. The amount of the grant varies depending on student need, cost of attendance and available funding.