NJ Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) Program is one of largest and most generous financial aid programs, with nearly one in every three full-time New Jersey undergraduates receiving awards.
TAG awards are renewable annually and range from $1,220 up to $12,938. Students with an NJ Eligibility Index below 1,500 qualify for the maximum awards.01
- Be a New Jersey resident and U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student at an approved New Jersey college, university or degree-granting proprietary school
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default status with federal student loans
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How to Apply?
To be considered for a TAG award, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed each year within established NJ deadlines.
Eligible non-citizens who have attended a New Jersey high school for at least three (3) years may apply through the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application.
Part-time TAG is also available for students who are enrolled for 6-11 credits in approved county colleges. The amount of the grant varies depending on student need, cost of attendance and available funding.references
- Full-time TAG Award Table. In accordance with State law, the value of your grant may vary depending upon appropriated funds, actual tuition charges, cost of attendance, estimated family contribution, and other available resources.