The Louisiana GO Grant is a need-based grant program by the State of Louisiana to assist Pell-eligible students who need additional aid to afford the cost of attending college.
Awards may vary with each academic year. The minimum award amount is $300 with the maximum award not exceeding $3,000 per academic year.
Eligibility Requirements #
- Be a Louisiana resident and U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be enrolled in an eligible Louisiana institution on at least half-time basis
- Be enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours at semester school or 4 hours at a quarter school
- Be classified as a recipient of federal Pell grant
- Have the remaining financial need after deducting Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) and all “gift aid” from student’s Cost of Attendance (COA) 1
Go Grant eligibility is contingent on the student receiving a Pell Grant. If you lose your Pell Grant eligibility, you will also lose your GO Grant eligibility.
How to Apply? #
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible but no later than March 1. As funding is limited, students who filed earliest are given priority consideration.
- Examples of gift aid include Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG, TOPS, TOPS stipends and institutional scholarships.