Idaho Opportunity Scholarship
The Idaho Legislature established the Opportunity Scholarship to assist low-income, talented students who are “at-risk” of failing to obtain a college education.
The Opportunity Scholarship awards eligible applicants up to $3,500 per year and is renewable for up to four years.
Students may use the Opportunity Scholarship at any public Idaho institution and BYU-Idaho, Northwest Nazarene University, and College of Idaho.
Applicants for the opportunity scholarship are selected on the basis of demonstrated financial need as determined by FAFSA and their cumulative GPA.
Eligibility Requirements #
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Must be a resident of Idaho
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have an unweighted, cumulative GPA of 2.7 or above
- Must attend an eligible Idaho college or university
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How to Apply? #
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the State Board of Education scholarship application no later than March 1.
For additional information, contact
Scholarships Program Manager