Alabama Student Assistance Program (ASAP) is one of the Alabama Student Aid Programs that awards eligible Alabama state residents to study at an independent college or university in Alabama.
There are currently 51 Alabama institutions participating in the program. Applicants must meet general eligibility requirements and demonstrate substantial financial need.
Up to $5,000 per academic year with maximum amount available only when sufficient funds are available.
- Be an Alabama resident and U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Restricted to students studying in Alabama
- Be classified as an undergraduate student
- Must attend a university, a four-year college, two-year college or a vocational-tech school
- Be enrolled at minimum half-time in an eligible program in an approved institution
- Meet satisfactory academic progress requirements
How to Apply?
To be considered for ASAP, you must first submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as October 1.