The new Roberta B. Willis Scholarship establishes a single, consolidated aid program that provides state aid to help talented and needy students pay for college.
This need-based scholarship program (formerly the Governor’s Scholarship) replaces the state’s existing student aid programs
- Connecticut Aid to Public College Students (CAPCS)
- Connecticut Independent College Student Grant (CICSG)
- Capitol Scholarship
- Connecticut Aid to Charter Oak
Eligibility is limited to six (6) years of undergraduate study for a bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of study for an associate degree.
Eligible students who demonstrate financial need will be awarded up to $5,250 per academic year for full-time attendance in a 4-year program or up to $4,650 a year in a 2-year program of study.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Must be a resident of Connecticut
- Must have submitted the FAFSA by February 15 and received a valid Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Must have an EFC below maximum allowable limit
- Must be classified as an undergraduate student
- Must attend a university, a four-year college or two-year college
- Must have substantial financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Meet satisfactory academic progress requirements
How to Apply?
There is no application. Applicants must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15 deadline. Completed FAFSA data will automatically be matched to qualified students.
All Roberta B. Willis Scholarship Program inquiries should be directed firstname.lastname@example.org call 860-947-1848.