The Rhode Island State Grant Program — Rhode Island’s primary need-based grant program, is designed to provide non-payable grants to students from the lowest-income families in the state.
To be eligible for a RI state grant, students must have a calculated financial need of at least $1000 as determined by the FAFSA.
Award amounts range from a minimum of $250 to a maximum of $900 — renewable for up to three academic years after the initial award.
Eligibility Requirements #
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Must be a resident of Rhode Island
- Must be an undergraduate student with no prior baccalaureate degree
- Be admitted and enrolled full-time at an approved college or university in Rhode Island
- Be enrolled or accepted into a program that leads to a degree or certificate
- Must exhibit financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How to Apply? #
Students may apply for RI state grant each academic year by submitting the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1.