Also known as the State Grant Program, SSIG provides grants to first-time undergraduate students who attend North Dakota’s public, private and tribal colleges. Grants are for up to $1,100 per academic year, based on enrollment status.
Eligibility is limited to eight semesters or twelve quarters of full-time equivalent undergraduate enrollment, or the attainment of a baccalaureate degree, whichever comes first.
- Be a North Dakota resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be an undergraduate student with no prior baccalaureate degree
- Be enrolled at least quarter-time pursuing an eligible program at a qualifying North Dakota institution
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How to Apply?
Application is via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Deadline for priority consideration is April 15, but applications are accepted until all funds are committed.