College Affordability Grant is in place to encourage New Mexico students with financial need to pursue higher education at New Mexico public colleges or universities.
Eligible students may receive up to $1,000 per semester ($2,000 annually) and is renewable for up to eight semesters (four years) as long as Pell Grant eligibility is maintained and funding is available.
- Be a New Mexico resident and U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be classified as an undergraduate student
- Be enrolled for no less than 6 credit hours per term at New Mexico public colleges or universities
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Must not qualify for other state grants and scholarships
How to Apply?
You must complete your FAFSA no later than March 1 and submit all additional documentation by April 15. Funding is limited, so applying early is key!