MATG is available for Mississippi’s financially needy students attending state approved public and nonprofit two-year and four-year eligible colleges and universities.
MTAG awards may be up to $500 per academic year for freshmen and sophomores and $1,000 per academic year for juniors and seniors.
Priority is given to Pell Grant recipients with unmet need as evidenced by an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) greater than 0.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Must be a resident of Mississippi for one year prior to application
- Have graduated from high school with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be enrolled full-time at the undergraduate level at one of the eligible institutions in Mississippi
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How to Apply?
To apply for MTAG, you need to file your FAFSA and complete the Mississippi Office of Financial Aid online application by the deadline date of October 15.
You’ll be required to submit a variety of supporting documents to complete an application, either by mail, email or fax.