Michigan Tuition Grant (MTG) is available to undergraduate students and is based on financial need for use at non-profit colleges and universities in Michigan.
Awards are restricted to tuition and mandatory fees — up to a maximum of $2,800 per academic year, subject to available and approved funding.
Eligibility Requirements #
- Be a Michigan resident and U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent
- Be enrolled at least half-time as an undergraduate student at Michigan private or independent non-profit college or university
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default status with federal student loans
- Must have substantial financial need as determined by the FAFSA
How to Apply? #
File a FAFSA prior to the MTG application deadline. The first institution listed on the FAFSA will be considered as the priority school. To check the status of your application, you can log into the MiSSG Student Portal.