Despite the name, the Scholarship Incentive Program is a grant. ScIP is a need based grant of $1,000 awarded to eligible Delaware students based on their level of financial need, as determined by the FAFSA.
Students must be enrolled full-time, have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and be in an eligible program of study.
- Be a Delaware resident and U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be classified as an undergraduate student
- Be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program at a non-profit, regionally accredited institution
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
How to Apply?
To be considered for a ScIP, you must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than April 15 and provide your academic records to the Delaware Higher Education Office (DHEO) by July 1.
Awards will be disbursed after August 1. Since ScIP is a non-renewable grant, you must submit your FAFSA every year for consideration.