DC TAG is a need-based grant that allows college-bound D.C. residents to attend any public institution in the country as if they are a resident of the school’s state.
DC TAG provides up to $10,000 toward the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition at public four-year colleges and universities anywhere the country.1
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Must be a resident of District of Columbia at least 12 months prior
- Must not be older than 26 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be enrolled at least half-time as an undergraduate student
- Must meet DCTAG maximum income thresholds 2
How to Apply?
To be considered for DC TAG, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the DC OneApp Online Application.
The OneApp opens on Feb. 1 each year and all supporting documents must be submitted no later than June 30 each year.References