Alaska Education Grant (AEG) provides need-based financial assistance to eligible Alaska students attending qualifying postsecondary institutions in Alaska.
Grant awards typically range from $500 to $4,000 per academic year for students who have qualifying unmet financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
The availability of funds is limited, so eligible students with the highest financial need will be awarded in order of need until funds are exhausted.
- Be an Alaska resident and U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be admitted into an undergraduate degree or vocational certificate program at a qualifying Alaska institution
- Be enrolled at minimum half-time
- Not have earned a baccalaureate degree
- Meet satisfactory academic progress requirements
How to Apply
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as June 30 each year for award prioritization.
You must select at least one qualifying Alaska institution of higher education at the time of FAFSA filing.